Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thing 16: Wikimania

Had some familiarity with wikis from the Wick Avenue Wiki and the PLYMC Database Wiki. I think this is an important L2.0 application for our library--especially after spending some time with Library Success There are three other library related wikis that I thought were rather good--Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day, LibraryInstruction.Com and Library Technology Training Wiki and will spend more time with them post Thing 23. As for possible applications to our work, I'd like the IS Department to try developing a wiki for our Internet Links and some subject pathfinders for our patrons; I'd like to develop a STARS Trainers Wiki for us to collaborate on role-playing scenarios and scripts, and I'd like the STARS Trainers to create a STARS Customer Service Wiki to be integrated into a L2.0 approach to YPL's customer service program that takes advantage of podcasts, videocasts, blogs, etc. But first I have to finish my things! Aloha, wikis, for now!


No comments: