Monday, October 29, 2007

Thing 13 -- Comments about Del.icio.us

What an application to combat my frustration every time our departmental bookmarks are updated and I have to re-create my personal bookmarks! The convenience of bookmark accessibility is a really great feature of Del.icio.us. While I created bookmarks around the theme of music for an easy way to get through the Discovery Exercise on this topic, I could see the potential for research assistance--for staying updated on topics of personal and professional interest. I had a lightbulb moment (hopefully one of many during this project!) doing this exercise as I realized I could tag favorite sites that deal with customer service and create an RSS feed for my Bloglines. This is definitely an L2.o application I'll revisit.

No comments: