Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Habits of Lifelong Learning

I'd have to say that the easiest of the habits for me is Habit 4--having confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner. I know that with perseverance I can learn just about anything. My learning style is a little old-fashioned though. I have to see the big picture; I have to read all about it and then I have to try it--very cautiously! I know, I know--a really plodding way to learn new things, but, hey--that's me. Habit 7 1/2 is my albatross, especially when it comes to work and learning new technologies. While I have a great sense of humor and while I love to laugh my way through the work day, my approach to work is not playful. I am ever conscious of the quantitative and qualitative aspects of work. Undertaking this new learning venture is really going to challenge me!

No comments: