Sunday, September 23, 2007

Week 3 Thing 5

Started reading about Flickr...Did the easy online Flickr tutorial and the Mediamazine tutorial....I explored "interestingness" (love doing that as a slideshow) and looked at billions and billions (oops, sorry, that's stars, not pics) more like dozens and dozens of pictures. I created my Flickr account and searched for photos with two themes in mind: I love the wind and love looking at visual representations of it (just for my own fun), and I was searching for a photo that would visually caption my initial blog posting. I found several public photos to represent each, but am stuck figuring out if I have the permission to copy them into my blog. Been reading the "Creative Commons" section, the FAQs and the Help screens, but don't seem to find a clear cut answer. Will have to come back later--right now I must do something old-fashioned like read a chapter from a Victorian mystery, Silent in the Grave!

No comments: