Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thing 21: Podcasting Blues

For this exercise I chose to explore Podcast.net, Yahoo Podcasts and http://odeo.com/ -- all of which I found easy to use to locate podcasts. Not so with Podcastalley.com, which I thought was confusing in spite of its being touted as the most popular directory. So finding the feeds was no problem, but posting the feeds was extremely frustrating and leads me to suspect something wrong in my computer. I tried adding feeds for Nancy Pearl and the OPLINLIST Podcast to my Bloglines account multiple times last night and this morning, but got absolutely nowhere. Internet Explorer kept shutting down. Must have the tech guys check it out. Finally, I was able to upload the feed for NPR's Splendid Table to my bloglines account. I just recently began listening to this program and love it (thanks, Hannah.) I think there is great potential for creating podcasts to use for training purposes. I recall in late 2005, trying to do a podcast for the KIN presentation at the OLC Conference that year. I remember having the microphone set up in the TRC and creating the sound file. I don't think I ever sent it, though--I can't remember why. I guess it's time to get back to the mike.

No comments: